UNLV and it's Nonprofit, Community, and Leadership Initiative (NCLI) has scheduled its first Community Partnership Orientation "One-Stop Shop," with more than 27,000 students and more than 700-instructional faculty, UNLV is a vital community resource to local nonprofits, public agencies, and business start-ups. However, providing easy community access to the service, research, and training resources of the university is a challenge.
This two hour rapid orientation will be held at the Historic 5th Street School's auditorium.
The NCLI and it's seven-partner agencies will explain their missions and how collaboration with each can help you achieve your goals.
Common questions that will be answered at this orientation include:
- How do I get an intern placed at my organization?
- How do I schedule volunteers for my activity?
- How can I get help incorporating?
- What resources exist for nonprofit professionals?
- How can I get my organizations needs written into a UNLV course curriculum?
- Where can I learn to write better grant applications?
- Who do I contact at the university to do research with my organization?
- 10:00-10:05 a.m. - Welcome by John Wagner of NCLI
- 10:05-10:20 a.m. - NCLI: Our purpose, our projects, and our partners
- 10:20-10:30 a.m. - The City of Las Vegas
- 10:30-10:40 a.m. - Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
- 10:40-10:50 a.m. - UNLV Career Services Center
- 10:50-11:00 a.m. - UNLV Business Start-up Center
- 11:00-11:15 a.m. - The United Way of Southern Nevada
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. - UNLV Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity
- 11:45-12:00 a.m. - Questions and Answers