Community Partnership Orientation: A "One-Stop Shop"When: May. 6, 2013, 10am - 12pm
Office/Remote Location: Historic 5th Street School Auditorium, 401 S. 4th Street
UNLV and it's Nonprofit, Community, and Leadership Initiative (NCLI) has scheduled its first Community Partnership Orientation "One-Stop Shop," with more than 27,000 students and more than 700-instructional faculty, UNLV is a vital community resource to local nonprofits, public agencies, and business start-ups. However, providing easy community access to the service, research, and training resources of the university is a challenge.
This two hour rapid orientation will be held at the Historic 5th Street School's auditorium.
The NCLI and it's seven-partner agencies will explain their missions and how collaboration with each can help you achieve your goals.
Common questions that will be answered at this orientation include:
- How do I get an intern placed at my organization?
- How do I schedule volunteers for my activity?
- How can I get help incorporating?
- What resources exist for nonprofit professionals?
- How can I get my organizations needs written into a UNLV course curriculum?
- Where can I learn to write better grant applications?
- Who do I contact at the university to do research with my organization?
- 10:00-10:05 a.m. - Welcome by John Wagner of NCLI
- 10:05-10:20 a.m. - NCLI: Our purpose, our projects, and our partners
- 10:20-10:30 a.m. - The City of Las Vegas
- 10:30-10:40 a.m. - Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
- 10:40-10:50 a.m. - UNLV Career Services Center
- 10:50-11:00 a.m. - UNLV Business Start-up Center
- 11:00-11:15 a.m. - The United Way of Southern Nevada
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. - UNLV Office of Civic Engagement and Diversity
- 11:45-12:00 a.m. - Questions and Answers
Admission is free, however, online registration is required via the Community Partnership Orientation webpage.
Name: Dottie Shank
Office: Historic 5th Street School 401 S. 4th Street - Room 140
Event Sponsor: Nonprofit, Community and Leadership Center
- Corporate Challenge 2014
Starts Apr. 20, 2014, 8pm
Ends Apr. 20, 2014, 8pm
- Learn to Swim
- UNLV/CSUN Preschool Summer Ses…
- "Art for Art's Sake" Art Exhib…
Starts Apr. 21, 2014, 9am
Ends Apr. 21, 2014, 5pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.