The Community Dialogues Discussion Series is a new bi-weekly discussion, hosted by the Center for Social Justice, to provide a meeting and dialogue space for various communities on UNLV’s campus. In efforts to building community, promoting awareness, and educating the campus about these communities, the discussion series will serve as a safe space for communities to come together, share ideas, and discuss challenges and issues within their respective communities.
Why should I participate?
To be a part of an honest discussion about challenging and relevant issues, to build connections with your peers and community members, to gain insight into your own identity, to join a growing movement to build a safer, aware, and diverse UNLV community.
The communities highlighted this semester are:
- Jan. 30 - Individuals of Color
- Feb. 13 - Atheist & Agnostic Community
- Feb. 27 - International Students
- March 13 - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, & Questioning
- April 10 - Transgender & Non-Gender Conforming
- April 24 - Veterans