CAAP Steering Committee MeetingWhen: Feb. 18, 2014, 10am - 11am
Show Recurring Dates
Feb. 18, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Mar. 4, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Mar. 18, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Apr. 1, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Apr. 15, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Apr. 29, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
May. 6, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
May. 20, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Jun. 3, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Jun. 17, 2014, 10 am - 11 am
Office/Remote Location: Conference Room
The Council of African-American Professionals at UNLV (CAAP@UNLV) Steering Committee meets biweekly.
CAAP's mission is to promote diversity, inclusion, and cultural competency, with a particular focus on black and African-American faculty, staff, administrators, and students at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and issues that affect our professional development and career advancement.
CAAP's goals are to support the continued success of UNLV by:
- Expanding and strengthening the sense of community and mutual support among UNLV’s black and African-American administrators, faculty, staff, and students and with the entire campus community
- Supporting the recruitment and retention, promotion and tenure, professional development, and career advancement of black and African-American professionals at UNLV, including faculty, staff, and administrators
- Supporting the recruitment, retention, academic excellence, graduation, and placement of black and African-American students
- Encouraging university-wide engagement and interdependent relationships with black and African-American communities at UNLV and Southern Nevada
CAAP activities are organized via a committee structure and coordinated by a Steering Committee. The composition of the Steering Committee is based on a formula intended to ensure diversity of status, including various categories of faculty and professional staff, and campus-wide institutional representation among its members.
Join the CAAP mailing list.
Membership in CAAP is open to UNLV faculty, professional staff, and administrators, who either self-identify as black or African American or who
support CAAP’s vision and mission.
Name: Marya Shegog
Office: GUA 2121
- Nevada Literacy Summit
Starts Mar. 18, 2014, 7:30am
Ends Mar. 18, 2014, 1pm
- HYPER Recovery Support Group M…
Starts Mar. 19, 2014, 11:45am
Ends Mar. 19, 2014, 12:45pm
- Vivint Representatives Visitin…
Starts Mar. 24, 2014, 11am
Ends Mar. 24, 2014, 2pm
- From Secretary to CEO: The Car…
Starts Mar. 25, 2014, 4pm
Ends Mar. 25, 2014, 6pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.