UNLV is transitioning all online courses from Blackboard Vista (the old WebCampus) to Blackboard Learn (the new WebCampus). Faculty interested in finding out more about this new and exciting learning environment may wish to attend one or many of the free webinars being offered by the Office of Online Ed at UNLV or Blackboard Inc. in the next months. Please visit our calendar to view all webinar options and to register.
How to Use Blackboard Collaborate Synchronous Tool to Engage Students - Offered through UNLV Office of Online Education
With the transition to the new learning management system in fall 2013, online educators at UNLV will have access to an exciting new tool for synchronous web conferencing: Blackboard Collaborate Web Conference tool. Instructors teaching fully online or hybrid courses will have the ability to interact with students in real time for discussions, presentations, demonstrations, and more. This online webinar provides the basics of how to use this new feature as well as identifies some of the best practices for engaging students.
Please register by May 14, 5 p.m.
By participating in this webinar, instructors will be able to:
- Create a web conference session within an online course
- Demonstrate use of the whiteboard to present information
- Upload files (such as Powerpoint presentations) into a session
- Interact with students via chat, audio, and/or video
- Build a basic online poll
- Share desktop applications with students
- Lead a Web tour
- Locate and identify additional self-help tutorials