The Art and Science of Teaching Online Professional Development Course
Faculty and instructors are invited to participate in our pilot program starting Sept. 2. For more information about this course please contact the office of online education at 702-895-0334 or email.
Goal of the course
The goal of this course is to provide professional development for UNLV online educators. Good teaching practices are universal regardless of the delivery method. At the same time, there are subtle differences between face-to-face instruction and fully online or hybrid instruction. Successfully completing this course will enable you to identify these differences and to empower you with the pedagogical and technological skills necessary to be an effective online educator.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe standard design and development processes for fully online or hybrid courses at UNLV
- Prepare typical planning documents necessary for developing an online class (syllabus, course schedule, learning objectives)
- Identify and apply online teaching techniques that encourage student success
- develop effective communication and collaboration strategies for online courses
- Design meaningful and authentic assessments for online learning