Arrest & Detention and Use of Force by SecurityWhen: Dec. 2, 2013, 8am - 5pm
Campus Location: Stan Fulton Building - International Gaming Institute
This seminar covers two key areas of security and surveillance.
1. Arrest and Detention in Gaming Environments
This session will discuss the process of arresting and detaining individuals in gaming environments. Discussion will include the Arrest Decision Process Model, alternatives to arrest, de-escalation training, and issues relating to care of the prisoner after arrest.
- Laws of Arrest and Detention for Security Personnel
- De-escalation and alternatives to arrest
- In-Custody issues
2. Use of Force for Security Personnel
This session will discuss the use-of-force, common use-of-force training methodologies, appropriate responses to force at various levels of resistance, and documenting the officers’ actions.
- Review of cases applicable to use-of-force in the gaming environment
- Discussion of laws and training guidelines in use-of-force
- Review of various use-of-force models and continuums
- Review of ability, opportunity, jeopardy, and preclusion
- Policy development for use-of-force
- Documenting and justifying your use-of-force
- Discussion of levels of force and tools commonly utilized by gaming security (Physical restraint/defensive tactics, pepper spray, baton, TASER, and firearms)
- Early bird - $175; payment due Nov. 18
- Regular - $195; payment due Nov. 28
- Coffee, tea and cookies at morning and afternoon breaks
- Accommodation and transportation
- Additional food and beverages (no lunch provided)
The final decision to run a seminar is made three weeks prior to the start date. Seminars are subject to cancelation for any reason at any time. We are not responsible for any non-refundable fees associated with your travel.
Please call our Seminar Registration Hotline at 702-895-2008 to verify that the seminar will take place or for any questions regarding travel arrangements or non-refundable fees.
Name: Nakia Jackson-Hale
Office: International Gaming Institute
- E-Learning In Action
Starts Mar. 13, 2014, 12pm
Ends Mar. 13, 2014, 1pm
- Copyright Essentials for the G…
Starts Mar. 13, 2014, 4pm
Ends Mar. 13, 2014, 5pm
- Workshop: Building Effective P…
Starts Mar. 14, 2014, 11:30am
Ends Mar. 14, 2014, 1pm
- Developing Security Policies /…
Starts Mar. 17, 2014, 8am
Ends Mar. 17, 2014, 5pm
- Campus Venues
- Driving and Parking Tips
- Museums & Galleries
- Performing Arts Center
- Visit Campus
Check out student organizations at UNLV.