This seminar covers two key areas of security and surveillance.
1. Arrest and Detention in Gaming Environments
This session will discuss the process of arresting and detaining individuals in gaming environments. Discussion will include the Arrest Decision Process Model, alternatives to arrest, de-escalation training, and issues relating to care of the prisoner after arrest.
- Laws of Arrest and Detention for Security Personnel
- De-escalation and alternatives to arrest
- In-Custody issues
2. Use of Force for Security Personnel
This session will discuss the use-of-force, common use-of-force training methodologies, appropriate responses to force at various levels of resistance, and documenting the officers’ actions.
- Review of cases applicable to use-of-force in the gaming environment
- Discussion of laws and training guidelines in use-of-force
- Review of various use-of-force models and continuums
- Review of ability, opportunity, jeopardy, and preclusion
- Policy development for use-of-force
- Documenting and justifying your use-of-force
- Discussion of levels of force and tools commonly utilized by gaming security (Physical restraint/defensive tactics, pepper spray, baton, TASER, and firearms)