Asian Pacific American Faculty Staff Alliance (APAFSA)
Our mission is to address the needs of Asians and Pacific Americans on campus, promote professional development and cooperation among members, and to serve the community through social and cultural activities, education, and advocacy.
- Strengthen the professional and social relationships within the APA campus community and among the University;
- Encourage the recruitment, hiring, and retention of APAs on the UNLV campus;
- Encourage the career development, promotion, and mentorship of the APA campus community;
- Promote a campus inclusive of the diverse needs of the APA community;
- Advocate for social justice across the UNLV campus community;
- Support campus to community relationships that fosters partnerships and enterprises among APA members and Community Based Organizations.
Membership is open to all UNLV faculty and staff interested in issues of the APA community. The original signatories are:
- Kathleen Ja Sook Bergquist
- Derek Furukawa
- Peter Kim
- Emily Lin
- Rimi Marwah