Doctor of Philosophy in Teacher Education
The Ph.D. in Teacher Education in the Department of Teaching & Learning is projected for professional educators who have an interest in becoming practitioner-oriented scholars in teacher education and who are interested in teacher education as a content area for research. Completing this degree will enable individuals to answer the national call for teacher educators and researchers in this field. The program is one of only a few in the nation devoted to teacher education.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate college-level teaching experience;
- Connect theory and research related to teaching and learning to the practice of teaching in schools and to the practice of teaching university courses;
- Design and conduct research using quantitative and qualitative methodologies with particular emphasis on applied research in the context of diverse schools.
- University or college professor
- Curriculum leader
- Educational consultant
- Researcher at private and public institutions
- District administrators
- Director/administrator of state and national departments of education