Master of Science - Physics
The purpose of the Physics M.S. and Ph.D. degrees are to prepare students for a career in Physics Research or in education at the university level. The program achieves this with a custom program for each student set up by their advisor and their advising committee. At the M.S. level students will learn to formulate, conduct and report on research, and in the case of Ph.D. the students will be able to conduct these steps independently.
- Understand electromagnetic theory at the graduate level .
- Understand quantum theory at the graduate level .
- Understand mathematical methods for physics at the graduate level .
- Understand statistical physics at the graduate level .
- Perform an original research project at the doctoral level .
- Communicate scientific topics to a scientific audience .
- Possess strong background of knowledge in physics and mathematics.
- Solve doctoral-level problems in physics .
- Communicate the critical importance of physics in society .
- Possess the confidence and ability to be an independent thinker.