Master of Education - Special Education; Teaching English as a Second Language
The M.Ed. program is designed to meet the needs of persons who hold a baccalaureate degree and wish to earn a master's degree in special education with a specific focus on Teaching English as a Second Language. Students are expected to develop a plan of study that is most relevant to their educational purposes.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Be knowledgeable of second language programs and methodology.
- Articulate the linguistic and academic needs of second language students.
- Be skilled in the use of second language methods.
- Be able to evaluate the merits of second language instructional material.
- Licensed teacher
- Education specialist
- Private consultant
- State education department administrator