Doctor of Education in Curriculum & Instruction
The Ed.D. in Curriculum & Instruction is intended for professional educators who desire to extend and advance their studies in the theory and practice of education. Areas of emphasis include instructional technology, mathematics education, science education, teacher education, literacy, cultural and international studies. The completion of this degree will enable individuals to become members of university faculties but particularly suited for positions as leaders in school districts and community agencies.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Understand theoretical and historical foundations of education;
- Demonstrate knowledge and synthesis of major research in teaching and schooling;
- Demonstrate knowledge and research applications in the area of emphasis;
- Understand and apply the major tenets of research design and analysis spanning quantitative, qualitative, and evaluation research methods;
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully design, defend, and complete an extended educational study resulting in a defensible dissertation.
- University or college Professor
- Curriculum leader
- Educational consultant
- District administrator