Bachelor of Science in Business Administration; Management Information Systems
The program of study for the Management Information Systems major prepares students for positions in network, database, and web administration, systems development, technical support, education and training and consulting work.
Upon completion of the BSBA in MIS program, students should be able to:
- Identify information systems application opportunities in the work place.
- Identify and evaluate system features in alignment with organizational needs.
- Apply information technology to improve productivity, innovation, customer service, and decision making in their organizations.
- Manage information systems development projects.
- Evaluate information systems needs within an organization.
- Act as liaison between technology and business.
- Evaluate and design feasible technology solutions for small business and entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Propose feasible plans for effective use of information technology in organizations.
- Propose and implement feasible plans for information technology user support.
- Propose and implement feasible plans for information technology architecture.
- Evaluate information systems proposals and propose changes.