Bachelor of Arts in Dance; Production and Management
The Bachelor of Arts in Production and Management empowers the dance major with a functional and practical understanding of the production “behind-the-scenes” workings of the dance theatre event. These students can go on to be dance company managers, lighting designers, costumers, scenic designers, dance studio owners, company managers, etc.
- BA dance-production majors will be able to apply dance production and management standards in realized productions and understand the application and use of all physical production elements (lights, scenery, costumes, video, music, stage management…) for performance and choreographic needs.
Objectives — After completing the BA dance program the students will be able to:
- Effectively stage manage a production.
- Do basic technical set up for production.
- Have knowledge on how to travel and tour a dance production.
- BA dance- production majors will be able to organize and apply principles of research and critical thinking and aesthetics through design and choreographic environments. Objectives - After completing the BA dance program will be able to:
- Have the ability to define period styles in design.
- Present concepts and ideas in the framework of historical and current trends.
- Map out and develop a cohesive production concept and "arch" for design choices.
- BA dance- production majors will have knowledge of the dance art in a fine arts framework/ environment. The students will understand the dance from both physical and historical aspects. Objectives – After completing the BA dance program the students will be able to:
- Explain and discuss production through understanding of the basic principles of choreography.
- Know and be able to discuss ideas and concepts of dance and visual arts leaders.
- BA dance- production majors will have a thorough understanding of the partnership between choreographer and designer and be able to create a collaborative working environment Objectives – After completing the BA dance program the students will be able to:
- Execute collaborations with actual choreographer to develop presented work.
- Share thoughts and ideas in a nurturing manor to the betterment of the work.