Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science
The Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science degree program is designed to teach students basic computer science techniques and how to apply them to another subject area, such as business, biology, psychology, graphic design, etc. The curriculum for this degree is less mathematically rigorous than the Bachelor of Science program but still teaches the essential tools and algorithms used in computer science. Students are required to complete 15 credits from an application area outside of computer science.
- Analyze problems and identify the computing and/or mathematical techniques appropriate for their solution.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems.
- Use current tools or techniques to implement and evaluate programs or computer-based systems.
- Apply computer science techniques and tools to solve problems in a chosen application area.
Computer Science graduates are in high demand and are prepared for a wide variety of well-paid professional careers. Our graduates may pursue opportunities in many areas including:
- Database Administration
- Software Engineering
- Web Development
- Network Administration
- Systems Administration
- Information Assurance and Security