Bachelor of Arts in Art; Concentration in Graphic Design
The Graphic Design concentration, within the BA degree in Art, prepares students for careers in design and creative visual media fields. The curriculum emphasizes hands-?on design practice integrating the building of formal and technical skills with critical analysis, theory, and research. Admission to the graphic design concentration courses requires a portfolio review.
Upon completion of the BA in Art with a concentration in Graphic Design, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate fluency in industry standard software applications; to design effectively in a variety of media and formats.
- Recognize and be able to interpret major works of art pertaining to the art history courses taken.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the elements and principles of design, and their appropriate application within the context of a given design or communication problem.
- Articulate and critically respond to design and through critical dialogue.
- Assemble a quality portfolio demonstrating a range of creative strategies and effective original solutions within communication and visual design contexts.
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Web Designer
- Communications Specialist
- Multimedia Designer