Join Rebel Advocates — the brand new, peer-to-peer education program out of the Center for Social Justice at UNLV! Rebel Advocates will be trained to facilitate presentations, discussions, workshops, and events that raise awareness to social justice issues and diversity.
What do Revel Advocates do?
- Work with student organizations and academic departments to plan and facilitate presentation, workshops, and trainings on social justice and diversity.
- Create environments where healthy dialogues can take place around social justice and diversity.
- Promote the Center for Social Justice and the programs and services it provides.
- Attend training sessions, retreats, and events on social justice.
- Organize annual student social justice conference at UNLV.
Why should you join?
- Make a positive impact on UNLV’s campus.
- Bring awareness to social justice issues.
- Deepen your knowledge of social justice issues.
- Ability to share your experience and engage in self reflections around civic responsibilities and social justices.
- Assist in developing communication and organization skills.
Requirements to be a Rebel Advocate
- Completed Rebel Advocates application and successful interview.
- Successful completion of PUA 288 -Leadership, Facilitation, & Training (with an emphasis on Social Justice)- with a 80% or higher.
- Must hold a 2.25 GPA cumulative or 2.0 GPA in the previous semesters.
- Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Be in good standing with the university.