Cultural Leadership Retreat
The Cultural Leadership Retreat (CLR) will be held for UNLV students on February 20 – February 23, 2015. This two and a half day retreat presents the opportunity to explore various facets of identity, diversity, and social justice and their relationship to leadership. Participants can expect to go into a deep exploration of their own identity, and to bravely examine the role of power and privilege and how one can use their privilege to advocate social change. During the retreat, the entire group will participate in a series of educational sessions and discussions in large group, as well as in smaller group clusters.
- Who is this retreat for?
- All UNLV students with at least a 2.5 grade point average and no social probations are eligible to apply to attend the retreat. The retreat only has spot for 50 students and priority is given to students how have not attended the retreat.
- What are the logistics of this event?
- CLR is held off-campus at a retreat center. Lodging, meals, transportation and retreat materials are provided for all attendees; there is no cost to participate. CLR begins as soon as participants arrive at the retreat location on Friday and concludes on Sunday afternoon. All participants must travel with the group and must attend the program in its entirety.
- How do I know if I've been selected to attend?
- After the final application deadline, the CLR team will review all of the applications and select the participants. Those individuals not selected will be placed on an "Alternate List" in case spaces open up. Following the selection process, all applicants will be notified by e-mail of their application status approximately one week after the application deadline.
- How do I apply?
- When the application becomes available it is strongly encouraged that when you begin completing your application you allow enough time to complete and successfully submit your application. We strongly recommend reviewing the application and carefully considering your responses to the essay questions before submitting. Due to the high volume of applicants, applications are carefully reviewed by the staff team to determine quality and integrity of applications.
Applications for CLR 2015 will be available on November 17, 2015. Applicants must complete and submit the application by 5:00pm on Friday, February 6 to be considered for CCLR. There is $25.00 refundable deposit that must be submitted in addition to the application to secure your spot on the trip if selected. Applications are considered incomplete until the deposits are submitted to the Center for Social Justice or the Office of Civic Engagement & Diversity.
For more information contact Brandon Hildreth, Program Coordinator for Social Justice Program, at email@example.com or 702-895-4053