- Arrive early. Both students and guests should arrive at least one hour before the ceremony begins. Graduating students should to report to the staging area at the Cox Pavilion and look for the banner representing their respective colleges. Marshals from each college will then assist them in lining up. Graduate and professional should look for the Graduate College banners. Doctoral Candidates will line up in the Cox Pavilion Tunnel. The procession will begin promptly at the appointed time.
- Park at the Thomas & Mack Center. Ample parking for both graduates and guests is available outside the Thomas & Mack Center. Handicapped parking spaces are located in all sections of the Thomas & Mack Center parking lot.
- Wear appropriate academic attire. Each student must wear a cap and gown to participate in the ceremony. Masters and Educational Specialists will wear their hoods. Doctoral and Juris Doctorate candidates will carry their hoods over their left arm. Students usually purchase the cap, gown, and tassel at the UNLV Bookstore. The cap, gown and tassel are typically available about six weeks before each ceremony. Students will be notified by mail when the regalia is available for purchase.
- Don't bring personal items. Please do not bring purses or other personal items. Students are asked not to carry anything in the ceremony. There is no place to check or store purses, coats, or other personal items. Also, childcare is not provided at commencement. Graduates will not be permitted to bring children on the arena floor.
- Assemble at the Cox Pavilion. All students will line up, with the exception of Doctoral Candidates, in the Cox Pavilion Arena located on the second floor of the Cox Pavilion. Doctoral and Law Candidates will line up in the Cox Pavilion Tunnel. Students may access the Cox Pavilion Arena by entering through the main entrances to the Cox Pavilion located on the east (university side) and west (parking lot side) or through the Thomas & Mack Center. Disabled students participating in graduation should meet at the Cox Pavilion tunnel (first floor) an hour prior to the commencement ceremony; they will join their colleges in the Cox Pavilion tunnel for the processional into the Thomas & Mack Center. (They should not go to the second floor of the Cox Pavilion.) Any student with a disability who needs special arrangements to attend commencement should contact Thomas & Mack Ticketing 895-3905 or the Thomas & Mack Call Center 895-3267 at least one week before the ceremony.
- Follow the order of the processional. Doctoral candidates will lead the procession, followed by Juris Doctorate, master's, and specialist degree candidates. They will be followed in college order by bachelor's and professional development degree candidates.
- Move your tassel. At the beginning of commencement, tassels are worn on the right. Upon direction from the podium, the tassel is moved to the left.
- Take the commencement program from your chair when you leave .Commencement programs will be placed on the graduates' chairs on the floor of the Thomas & Mack Center. Please note: The names of students who requested a non-release of student directory information will not be included in the commencement program. Students who filed non-release of information requests must contact the Graduation Office (702-895-3123 or 702-895-3685) six weeks before commencement to have their names included in the program.
- Expect your diploma in the mail. Candidates for graduation will receive their diplomas in the mail after it is determined that their graduation requirements have been met. If requirements have been met, this usually occurs within ten weeks of commencement. If you have not received your diploma, please check your rebelmail email account for communication and then check your mailing address to ensure you have kept it up to date.
- Order your graduation photos. Arrangements have been made with Grad Images for a professional photographer to record the moment students cross the stage. Students will receive a proof in the mail approximately one week after the ceremony. There is no obligation to purchase. If you would like a family/group photograph of up to six people taken, photographers will be available immediately after the ceremony near the Cox Pavilion entrance for one hour. Please note: The names of students who requested a non-release of student directory information will not be released to Grad Images. This means photographs of these individual students will not be available. Students wishing to have their names released to Grad Images must contact Grad Images directly at (800) 628-4509 ext. 2267
- Order your videos of commencement. Videos of commencement may be ordered from the homepage.
- Take the commencement program from your chair when you leave. Commencement programs will be placed on the graduates' chairs on the floor of the Thomas & Mack Center. Please note: The names of students who requested a non-release of student directory information will not be included in the commencement program. Students who filed non-release of information requests must contact the Graduation Office (702-895-3123 or 702-895-3685) six weeks before commencement to have their names included in the program.