Who We Are
The UNLV Black Professionals organization includes those who are tenure track professors as well as professionals in administrative positions.
- To speak and act as a unified body for black professionals
- Serve as a reference point and resource for black professionals.
- Provide the administration with the black professionals' perspective on policies and procedures.
- Respond to administrative policies and procedures on behalf of black professionals.
- Serve as a disseminator and interpreter of information for black professionals.
- Provide professional networking for black professionals.
A small group of black professional assembled to found the organization. The founders include:
- Harriet E. Barlow, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Diversity
- Hillery D. Pichon, B.S.
Assistant Director of Campus Card Technical Services
- Rainier Spencer, Ph.D.
Senior Advisor to the President
- Sterling Saddler
- Jeff Greene
University Police Lieutenant
- Algerian Hart
- Daryl Privott
- The late Angela Farrar