Code of Conduct and Confidentiality
The success of the UNLV Alumni Association depends on a network of volunteers serving in a variety of roles. We value our volunteers and work to create programs and services to support and enhance your involvement. This code of conduct and confidentiality has been established to help the association fulfill its mission and support the vision and goals of UNLV and the association in an ethical manner.
Volunteers must commit to work together in the best interests of the association and the university and not for personal, political, third-party, or financial gain.
Code of Conduct
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the association. Seek clarification if in doubt or if you don’t understand specific policies and/or procedures.
- Serve as a positive representative for the association and the university by conducting yourself in an informed, appropriate, and professional manner.
- Prepare for and actively participate in your volunteer assignment.
- Acknowledge and respect other volunteers and their contributions, talents, efforts, and dignity. Treat all volunteers equally as peers.
- Be courteous and respectful of other volunteers’ opinions. Participate in open and honest communication and discussion in a responsible and respectful way.
- Keep your word. Accept an assignment only when you can truly participate 100 percent and are committed to completing the task.
- Strive to create satisfaction and enjoyment from your volunteer experience.
As a volunteer, you recognize that you owe a duty of care to the association that includes a duty of confidentiality. In connection with your volunteer service, you may be given or have access to confidential information of the association or third parties. All volunteers are required to sign an Access and Confidentiality Agreement for Volunteers and Staff prior to beginning their service to the association.