Rebels in Action — Summer 2007
Degree: '03 BS Kinesiology
Occupation: Event Consultant, Platinum Event Planning, LLC
Membership Status: Joint lifetime member with spouse since 2006
Family: Husband, Ronald Mariano, '91 BS Mechanical engineering
Hometown: Diamond Bar, California
- Why did you join the alumni association?
- When I opened my business, the association was one of the first organizations I wanted to be a part of. It was definitely a way to meet people. I'm having the best time as an active alum. I love the atmosphere of the university.
- Why is volunteering with the alumni association important?
- I love school, and I know education was a crucial factor in my success. Being involved with the alumni is a vehicle that allows me to pay it forward and reach out to other people with the same experiences. My husband and I are committed to the university. We aim to donate more time and funding for scholarships because students enhance our community.
- Have you always volunteered with service organizations?
- Being from California, I have always been involved with grassroots programs. Service is a natural habit for me. The less time I have, the more selective I have to be, so I choose to be involved in programs that represent my thought process and my value system.
- How has being an active alumni association member benefited you?
- Membership pays for itself. Working a booth at an alumni event allows me to build relationships and reconnect with other alumni — it's invaluable. I am proud to walk into a business function and say "I'm an active alum of UNLV."
Tell Us What's New:
Each day, UNLV alumni find new ways to demonstrate their leadership, ingenuity, and passion.
This can mean anything from making a revolutionary scientific discovery to leading corporations or experiencing the fulfillment of raising a family.
Whatever is new in your life, we'd love to hear about it.
So send us an update on your achievements and you may become a featured story in the UNLV Alumni Profile section.