Rebels in Action — Summer 2007
Degree: '03 BS Kinesiology
Occupation: Event Consultant, Platinum Event Planning, LLC
Membership Status: Joint lifetime member with spouse since 2006
Family: Husband, Ronald Mariano, '91 BS Mechanical engineering
Hometown: Diamond Bar, California
- Why did you join the alumni association?
- When I opened my business, the association was one of the first organizations I wanted to be a part of. It was definitely a way to meet people. I'm having the best time as an active alum. I love the atmosphere of the university.
- Why is volunteering with the alumni association important?
- I love school, and I know education was a crucial factor in my success. Being involved with the alumni is a vehicle that allows me to pay it forward and reach out to other people with the same experiences. My husband and I are committed to the university. We aim to donate more time and funding for scholarships because students enhance our community.
- Have you always volunteered with service organizations?
- Being from California, I have always been involved with grassroots programs. Service is a natural habit for me. The less time I have, the more selective I have to be, so I choose to be involved in programs that represent my thought process and my value system.
- How has being an active alumni association member benefited you?
- Membership pays for itself. Working a booth at an alumni event allows me to build relationships and reconnect with other alumni — it's invaluable. I am proud to walk into a business function and say "I'm an active alum of UNLV."
Tell Us What's New
Each day, UNLV alumni find new ways to demonstrate their leadership, ingenuity, and passion.
This can mean anything from making a revolutionary scientific discovery to leading corporations or experiencing the fulfillment of raising a family.
Whatever is new in your life, we'd love to hear about it.
So send us an update on your achievements and you may become a featured story in the UNLV Alumni Profile section.