Benefits and Support
The UNLV AA provides the following services to its chapters:
- Program Manager: An alumni relations staff member is charged with management of the chapters program, including developing structure and training resources, advising on course of action, and connecting with resources.
- Event Supplies: Membership brochures — limited quantity of alumni giveaway items will be provided for chapter events.
- Web Page: Each chapter will be listed on the association’s website, along with a chapter description, chapter events, and key contact information provided by the chapter. See the fine arts chapter as an example.
- Chapter Handbook: A guide is maintained with information on chapter events, activities, and organization.
- Alumni Leader Advisory: An e-newsletter for chapter board members, academic deans and applicable staff, association board, and alumni relations staff to apprise them of pertinent items for chapter leaders. Content may be used for chapter meeting announcements, newsletters, and websites.
- Exposure in UNLV Magazine and UNLV Alumni News: The association will dedicate a portion of the newsletter to cover important updates from chapters and can assist with placement in the magazine.
- Use of Logos/Intellectual Property: All activities operated under the association umbrella will feature the association or chapter logo on print materials and web pages as appropriate.
- Use of Association Database: The alumni database is called The Raiser’s Edge and is managed jointly by Alumni Relations and the UNLV Foundation.
- Membership Fulfillment: The alumni relations staff manages all aspects of membership fulfillment, such as collecting dues payments, issuing membership cards, maintaining membership benefits, etc.
- Promotion Assistance: The association promotes events through email blasts, print newsletters, and social media. Chapter events can be placed in these communication tools.
- Dues Sharing: A portion of the membership dues is shared with the chapters for alumni activities. Your chapter board of directors is responsible for management of the funds. Additionally, chapters may petition the chapters and clubs committee to request additional support.
- Facility Use: The Richard Tam Alumni Center is available to chapters for alumni events. See the facility policy for more details.
The association supports chapters through a variety of programs and services. In return, the chapters are expected to:
- Follow the policies and procedures established by the association.
- Chapter representative attends association board meetings and the annual retreat.
- Lead alumni engagement activity at three cornerstone events: Homecoming Dinner, College Alumnus/a of the Year Awards, and Dinner With a Rebel.
- Participate in setting and meeting membership acquisition and renewal goals.
- Communicate and coordinate chapter activities with the association, academic unit, and alumni relations.
- Share alumni record updates and marketing plans, including contact information changes and financial and activity reports with association.
- Establish and maintain bylaws that meet the minimum standards as defined by the association. The association will review and approval all chapter bylaws.