Making the transition to college is an exciting time full of questions and new horizons. Academic advisors are here to assist with your transition to UNLV. If this is your first year, utilize this page to start learning about what to do next.
- High School vs. College – Understand the differences between high school and college, and set yourself up for a successful first year.
- Credit Load vs. Workload – Follow these tips to help manage your time if you plan on working while going to school.
- Key Terms – Get a list of commonly used terms for academic advising.
- Registration Process – Find helpful tips and suggestions to assist you with the registration process.
- General Education – Find out about UNLV’s general education requirements.
- Campus Involvement – Break up your study time and have some valuable experiences outside the classroom.
- Orientation – R.S.V.P. and obtain a schedule for the two-day event.
- Roles and Responsibilities – Learn about the roles and responsibilities of students, parents, and advisors.
- FAQ – Get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about academic advising.
- Colleges and Advising Centers – Access a list of advising centers and their respective majors.