Current Student FAQ
Haven't been able to find the information you're looking for? Scroll down for the most frequently asked questions for students currently enrolled at UNLV.
- What is my class standing?
- Class standing is determined by the number of semester credits a student has completed: Freshman: 0–29 semester credits; Sophomore: 30–59 semester credits; Junior: 60–89 semester credits; Senior: 90+ semester credits.
- How do I change my major?
- Students wishing to change their major must meet the requirements and be accepted into the college of that major. Students should meet with an academic advisor in their new college to discuss degree requirements. Learn more about selecting a major.
- How much longer do I have until graduation?
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to complete a degree audit to determine the remaining courses needed to fulfill their graduation requirements.
- When do I apply for graduation?
- To ensure timely processing, initiate a graduation packet with the registrar at least two semesters prior to graduation. Review the commencement checklist.
- Can UNLV assist me with finding a job?
- Career Services is here to assist you with resumes, career planning, and internship and career searches.
- I am thinking of going to graduate school; where do I start?
- The Graduate College has information on all graduate programs the university offers. Contact Dr. Joseph "Nick" Nika at email@example.com or 702-895-3170 or in MPE 131 for information about medical school preparation.
- I'd like to study in another country. Can I earn credit for those classes at UNLV?
- Yes! The Office of International Programs can help you explore your options for taking courses in programs across the globe. It is encouraged that you meet with your academic advisor and the Office of International Programs to determine transferability of courses taken abroad.
- Does UNLV offer online courses?
- UNLV offers both traditional on-campus and online courses. Check the semester schedule for a list of currently available online courses.
- Is tutoring available at UNLV?
- Whether you need to brush up on your study skills or just need a little extra help in a course, tutoring services are available for all UNLV students. UNLV offers group and individualized tutoring in almost any subject. Learn more about your tutoring options.