The following FAQs can help you complete the online application for undergraduate admission. If you need additional assistance, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Accessing the Online Application
- Where can I find the online application for undergraduate admission?
Visit the UNLV Admissions website to access the application online. You will be prompted to log in using your VIP username and password. If you do not have a username or password, or if you have misplaced this information, follow the instructions listed on the application. If you need additional assistance, contact the Office of Admissions at 702-774-UNLV (8658). If you are interested in full time summer term admission, please call the Office of Admissions for a paper application. If you would like to complete an application for graduate admission, visit the Graduate College website.
- Can I submit a paper application?
- Can I save my application, or do I have to complete it in one session?
You may “save” your application so you can return to the application as often as needed.
- Do I have to answer every question on the application?
You only have to complete the questions with the asterisks (*) next to them. When you click “submit” on the application, a list of unanswered required questions will be displayed. You will be required to complete these questions before you can submit your application.
- Do I have to complete the Insight Resume?
Although this section is not required, we strongly recommend completing all questions in this section. The questions are designed to elicit responses that could help to identify potential scholarships and/or support services for applicants.
- If I do not complete the scholarship application section, will I still be considered for scholarships?
If you complete the scholarship application portion, you will be considered for all UNLV scholarships. If you do not complete the scholarship application portion, you will still be considered for some of UNLV’s top-awarded scholarships. Please note: To be eligible for UNLV scholarships, you must submit the online application for admission and all required documents by Jan. 1.
- What is a CEEB code?
On the “personal information” page, you will be asked to report your school’s CEEB code. Click the “look up” button to find the CEEB code for your school.
If you are having trouble finding your school in the list, please use the following suggested search methods:
- Type in a portion of your school’s name in the “Name” field and the two letter state abbreviation (Example: Nevada=NV)
- Type in only the city and two letter state abbreviation and search through the alphabetized list.
- Type in the two letter state abbreviation and search through the alphabetized list.
If you are still unsuccessful, type “Not Listed” in the “Name” field and click “XXXX-Not Listed.” You can then manually type in your school’s name, city and state on the main application page.
- What is a student visa (I-20)? Do I need one?
If you are an international student and you require documents for an F-1 Student Visa to study in the United States, you must answer “Yes” to the “Do you require documents to obtain a student visa (I-20)?” question. If you are a U.S. citizen, are a permanent resident (green card holder), or have another nonimmigrant status and do not wish to change it to F-1 Student Visa status, you should answer “No” to this question.
- Do I need to complete the “International Application” section of the application?
If you answer “Yes” to the “Do you require documents to obtain a student visa (I-20)? question (see above), then yes, you will be required to complete the “International Application” section.
- Can I print a copy of my application?
Yes, at any time, you can click “print” in the left-hand column.
- I don’t have access to a computer, how can I complete my application online?
There are several computers available for use in the Office of Admissions located on UNLV’s campus in the Student Services Complex, Building B (SSC-B). The Student Services Complex is located at the intersection of Swenson and Tropicana Avenues. You can park in UNLV’s Tropicana Avenue parking garage for $1/hour or $3/day by purchasing a parking ticket when you enter the garage.
- What is the application fee?
The fee is comprised of an application fee and a credential evaluation fee.
You are required to submit your application fee before submitting your application for admission. Fees are not refundable.
- How can I pay the application fee?
We recommend that you pay the application fee with a credit or debit card online. However, if you prefer to pay with cash, check or money order, you must complete all required questions on the online application. Once you are ready to “submit”, contact the Office of Admissions at 702-774-UNLV (8658) for further instructions.
- Does UNLV accept application fee waivers?
UNLV does not accept application fee waivers issued from entities outside of the university.
- I reside in Clark County, Nevada, and participate in Upward Bound, Educational Talent Search, Adult Educational Services, or GEAR UP. How can I get my application fee waived?
Complete all required questions on the online application. Once you are ready to “submit”, contact the Office of Admissions at 702-774-UNLV (8658) for further instructions.
- How can I print a receipt for the payment of my application fee?
Once you “submit” your application, a receipt will be sent to the email address you listed on your application. You can also log into the application and click “Print Receipt.”
- There was a problem with the charge to my credit/debit card. Who can I call?
Please contact the Office of Admissions 702-774-UNLV (8658). A representative will assist you with correcting the problem.
- I submitted my application, what are my next steps?
You will receive several emails to the address you listed on your application that will outline your next steps. If you have not received any information from UNLV within one week of applying for admission, call 702-774-UNLV (8658).
Download our application checklist:
- How long will it take to receive an admission decision?
Once the Office of Admissions has received all necessary documents to complete your application, you will be notified of your admission decision within 7-10 business day. Please log into your MyUNLV account and view your Checklist items to be sure you have submitted all necessary documents to complete your application. You will be notified via email and mail.