Defer Your Admission
If you are accepted to UNLV and would like to attend during a future term, review the criteria listed below to determine if you are eligible to defer your admission or if you must reapply.
You may defer your admission if ALL of the following categories apply to you:
- Accepted to UNLV during the fall 2013 semester or later.
- Have no additional coursework attempted and/or completed at any college or university after the term for which you were accepted to UNLV.
- Would like to update during the academic year for which you applied. See the table below for eligible terms.
If all the categories listed above apply to you, log into your MyUNLV account and access your communications center to update your status.
You must reapply and pay the application fee if you fall into ANY of the following categories:
- Accepted prior to fall 2013.
- Attempted and/or completed any additional coursework at any college or university after the term for which you were accepted to UNLV.
- Denied admission to UNLV.
- Would like to attend UNLV during a future semester, which is not in the same academic year for which you applied. Please see the table below for eligible deferment terms.
|Acceptance Term||Eligible Deferment Term *|
|Fall 2013||Spring or Summer 2014|
|Spring 2014||Summer 2014|
|Summer 2014||Cannot Defer|
* You may not defer your admission if you attempted and/or completed any additional coursework after the semester you were accepted to UNLV, or if you were denied admission.